Worst foods for your teeth is given below:-
Teeth are one of the most important parts of our body. They help us to not just chew our food but the aid the digestion process also. However certain lifestyle habits, hygiene aspects, and food items can harm the teeth and make them yellow or even cause the formation of plaques and cavities. If you are susceptible to a toothache or delay, it is best that you avoid the given food items.
Food items that can harm your teeth :
- Whole Apples And Carrots:-Instead of eating an apple whole, it is better to cut them into easy slices. This is important for other crunchy fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, too. By cutting them up, we can enjoy good nutrition and give our teeth a break at the same time.
- Coffee and Alcohol:- A dry mouth is an inferior thing to have. Caffeine and alcohol both cause dehydration. If all you’re drinking for a period is coffee or alcohol. To give your mouth some relief, drink plenty of water to offset the dryness.
- Potato Chips:-Potato chips aren’t seasoned with salt, but that doesn’t matter. The chip itself is made from very starchy potatoes. Potato starch breaks down very quickly in the mouth, producing sugar. And we all know how much bacteria in our mouth love sugar. Even worse, potato chips get stuck in the crevices of our teeth, and bacteria love that, too.
- Ice And Dried Fruits:- Dried fruits, while soft, come with their own problems. Fruits are already rich in sugars, but dried fruits are stickier. Our teeth have to keep mashing down on the sticky fruit, causing large build-ups of sugars to form in our teeth. To get the best nutrition without over-taxing our teeth, we should eat fresh fruits in easy-to-eat sizes.
- Soda:-Soda is fizzy, sweet, and just awful for your teeth. Sodas are jam-packed with sugars and acids that can cause and accelerate tooth decay.
- Citrus:-Citrus fruits are packed with essential vitamins and nutrients. Unfortunately, they’re also bad for your teeth.
- Coffee:-Coffee is great for your morning but it’s also bad for your teeth. Most coffee can stain your teeth, ruining their pristine white color.
- Alcohol:-Alcohol can cause dehydration and dry mouth. Both of which are bad things for your teeth! Some forms of alcohol, like red wine, can also stain your teeth.