The different hearing aids are-
CIC or mini (CIC) Completely in the canal
A CIC hearing aid is made to fit into our ear canal. This improves mild to moderate level hearing loss amongst adults.
A CIC hearing aid:-
- Is the smallest & the least visible kind
- Is less likely to pick up the wind noise
- Does not comprise of additional features i.e. directional microphone or volume control
- Contains very small batteries, which have shorter lives & could be tough to handle
- Is susceptible to the earwax clogging around the speakers.
In the canal or (ITC)
An ITC hearing aid is customized & fits partly into the ear canal. This make can improve mild to moderate level hearing loss amongst adults.
An ITC hearing aid:-
- Is less visible in areas than the bigger makes
- Includes the features that would not fit on the completely-in-the-canal-aids, however, can be tough to adjust because of its small size
- Is susceptible to the earwax clogging around the speaker
In the ear (ITE)
An ITE hearing aid is customized for 2 styles; one which fills most of the bowl-shaped part of our outer ear and 1 which fills the lower area only. Both are helpful for individuals with mild to severe hearing loss
An ITE hearing aid:-
- Comprises of features which do not fit in smaller style hearing aids i.e. volume control
- Ease of handle
- Comprises of large battery for longer working battery life
- Can pick up additional wind noise as compared to smaller devices
- Is susceptible to earwax clogging around speakers
- Is more visible than smaller devices
Behind the ear or (BTE)
A BTE hearing aid hooks over on the top of our ear & rests behind it. A tube links the hearing aid and customer earpiece known as earmold which fits into our ear canal. It is appropriate for all ages and in almost any kind of hearing loss
A BTE hearing aid:-
- Has been the most popular hearing aid
- Is capable of higher amplification as compared to other style
- Can pick up additional wind noise than the other makes.