Breast cancer can be categorized into four stages, Stage 1 is the start in which majority of symptoms are hidden even the tumor is not bigger than 2 cms or some miniscule cancer clusters may be present in the lymph nodes, Stage 2 signifies the local spread of cancer, Stage 3 is more advanced in which it spreads and invades the skin of breast causing skin ulcers, Stage 4 is more advanced stage in which it spreads to other parts of body as well.
The Advanced Symptoms Of Stage 4 Breast Cancer :
- Breast Lump: In the early stages of cancer, tumors are typically too small to be seen or felt. That’s why doctors advise mammograms and other types of cancer screening techniques. They can detect early signs of cancerous changes. In some cases, lump grows bigger and in some cases lump does not grow that big but swelling in armpit or breast areas become more prominent.
- Skin Changes: Some type of breast cancer refers to changes in skin color, In stage 4 cancer, cells become lymph vessels causing redness, swelling, and dimpled skin
- Nipple discharge: It can be a symptom of any stage of breast cancer. The fluid can be yellow like pus or may be bloody.
- Swelling: It is the most common symptom in Breast areas. Swelling occurs when lymph node under the arms are large and cancerous. This blocks the normal flow of fluids.
- Discomfort and Fatigue: As cancer grows, women may feel breast discomfort or pain
- Fatigue: It is another most common symptom with which patiently comes. And it becomes more prevalent with the stage of cancer.
- Insomnia: As stage 4 breast cancer can cause discomfort and pain that interrupts regular sleep
- Stomach Issues: Loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Lungs: Metastatic Breast cancer affects all body parts and as it affects lungs which result in shortness of breath.
If you or your loved one is experiencing any of the given symptoms, it is recommended that you consult a specialist at the earliest.