Winter is the time of the season that leads to flaring up of several symptoms. Be it psoriasis that causes excessive itching due to dry skin and lack of humidity in the atmosphere or the high risk of joint pain in the cold climate,. But the common health issued that flare up in winters are respiratory tract infections.
Asthma – is a lung disease in which there is a narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Sneezing, coughing, chest tightening are some of its common symptoms. Two types of asthma: Allergic asthma that is caused due to exposure to an allergen, such as dust, pollen, paint dust, smoke.
Sore throatitis- Painful, scratchy or dryness in the throat, which later leads to pain is some of the most common symptoms of a sore throat. It is mostly caused due to infections and cold weather circumstances during winter.
Flu is also known influenza and is caused by contagious respiratory viruses. The virus affects the lungs leading to symptoms vary from mild to severe which at times can result in hospitalisation and rarely death.
There are few tips to prevent respiratory infections in winter.
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose to ignore
- Drink ample of fluids. The good way to deal with it is to drink warm or hot water.
- Eat a healthy diet with fresh fruits and vegetables to keep the immune system strong.
- Regular exercise basically like as yoga and swimming is beneficial for the long run.
- Ignore use of antibiotics and self-medication.
- Vaccination suggested for elderly, children and people with chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes.
- If the symptoms fail to subside in three days, do consult your doctor immediately.