Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts from the breast cells, in the inner lining of the milk ducts. There are various numbers of symptoms associated with breast cancer, but the first noticeable symptom is usually a lump or area of thickened breast tissue. Women above the age of 40 are likely to have a major risk of breast cancer.
If an individual finds these Symptoms, should immediately consult with the doctor
- Discharge from the nipple, which is other than the breast milk
- Increase in breast size or shape
- A breast lump
- Redness and Itching in the breast skin
There are various stages of breast cancer:
- Stage 0 & 1- At this early stage, the cancer cells are confined to a very limited area
- Stage 2 (II) And Stage 2A (IIA) – Now cancer has begun to grow or spread.
- Stage 3 (III) A, B, And C- Enters the surrounding tissues near the breast.
- Stage 4 (IV) – spread beyond the breast to other parts of the body.
The only cause of this cancer is damage to a cell’s DNA, Women with certain risk factors are likely to have this disease.
Major Risk factors of Breast Disorders
- Late or no Pregnancy
- Taking Birth control pills
- Family history of breast cancer
- Previous treatment using radiation therapy
- Women who took the drug diethylstilbestrol and drink Alcohol.
Prevention Of Breast Cancer
An individual should avoid birth control pills and smoke, which ultimately lowers the risk of breast cancer. They should maintain a healthy diet and healthy weight too.
Treatment Methods for Breast Cancer:
There are some major possible treatment methods to get cured of this disease:
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted therapy
India has over 90000 women dying of Breast Cancer every year. Most importantly 70% of the cases are detected in the 3rd or 4th stage in which Paras Hospital has been serving with the best of treatment methods and modern technologies, to cure or to terminate the roots of breast cancer.