based on total reviews
Dr. (Prof.) Alka Kriplani is a reputed gynecologist in Gurgaon, gyne-lap surgeon, high-risk pregnancy & fertility expert specializing in artificial reproductive technology. She comes with extensive experience of 40 years. She was former Professor & Head, Director in-charge of WHO -CCR, HRRC & Family Planning in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. She has been honored with a Padma Shri by the President of India for her distinguished service in the field of Medicine for the year 2015.
Dr Kriplani has also been presented the prestigious Dr. B C Roy National Award for the year 2007 in recognition of services as ‘Eminent Medical Teacher’ by the Government of India. She is the recipient of the Honorary FRCOG degree awarded by Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, London for major contributions made to the advancement of the science or practice of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. She has the honor of delivering 770 guest lecturers all over India and abroad on various clinical subjects. She has contributed more than 380 scientific publications and 403 Abstract Publications in national and international journals and has written 4 Books.
Dr Kriplani’ areas of expertise include – Reproductive Endocrinology & Gynaecological Endoscopy.
• Professor & Head AIIMS, New Delhi
• Professor AIIMS, New Delhi
• Additional Professor AIIMS, New Delhi
• Associate Professor AIIMS, New Delhi
• Assistant Professor AIIMS, New Delhi
• Pool Officer, Maulana Azad MedicalCollege, New Delhi, CSIR
• Pool Officer JLN Medical College, Ajmer, CSIR
• Senior Resident Lady Hardinge MedicalCollege & S.K.Hospital, New Delhi (Obst & Gynae)
• ADMO (Class I) Indian Railways Jhansi (U.P).
Education and Fellowships
- Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Fetal Medicine
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
• Former President FOGSI (Federation of Obstetricians and Gynecological Societies of India), 2016
• President GESI (Gynecological Endocrine Society of India), 2011- continuing
• President DGES (Delhi Gynaecological Endoscopic Society), 2014-16
• President AOGD (Association of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Delhi) 2013-14
• Editor Asian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology Practice 1999-2017
• Former Vice President FOGSI 2009 (Federation of Obstetricians and Gynecological Societies of India)
• National Corresponding Editor: Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India 2015-2017
Awards and Honours
- Gold Medal for first position in aggregate of all 3 MBBS exams.
- Gold Medal for first position in final MBBS exams.
- Gold Medal for first position in final MBBS amongst Girls.
- Gold Medal for first position in Surgery.
- Pfizer scroll of honour for first position in the University.
- National Merit Scholarship – Govt. of India.
- Biographical data included in the 15th edition of “Marquis who’s who in the world” – (New providence NJ USA) for outstanding achievements in the Medical field.
- Biographical data included in the 2nd edition of “Marquis who’s who in Medicine and health care”- (New Providence NJ USA) for outstanding achievements in the field of Medicine and health care.
- First prize in a debate competition on “Active management of labor – is relevant in India today” at 4th Annual conference of Delhi branch of National Association of Voluntary Sterilization and Family Welfare of India (NAVSFWI), Mar, 1993.
- Prize for “Correct clinical diagnosis of the case” at International Congress of Infertility and transvaginal sonography, Bombay, Jan, 1995.
- Awarded CL Jhaveri Prize by FOGSI for best presentation of the paper, Male pseudohermaphroditism: A study emphasizing role of laparoscopic gonadectomy in the management of XY females, at 39th AICOG All India Congress of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Kanpur, Dec, 1995.
- Awarded Dr. Neera Agarwal Gold Medal by AOGD for best paper, Laparoscopic removal of gonads in women with abnormal karyotype, at 21st AOGD Conference (Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi), Delhi, Oct, 1999.
- Awarded Dr. Kumud P Tamaskar prize by FOGSI for best infertility research paper, Laparoscopic ovarian electrocautery in infertile patients with PCOS and study of factors influencing pregnancy rates, at 45th AICOG, Bhubaneshwar, Jan, 2002.
- Awarded ICOG credit points for academic activities under ICOG Accreditation programme, Awarded by Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and FOGSI at 46th AICOG, Bangalore, Jan, 2003 & 47th AICOG, Agra, Jan, 2004.
- Awarded DMA Medical teachers award – 2005, by DMA (Delhi Medical Association) for significant contributions to medical profession on medical teachers day felicitation function, 5 Sept 2005.
- Awarded Dr.Jagdishwari Mishra Prize by FOGSI for best poster on official theme of congress, Tranexamic acid in management of DUB in comparison with MPA, at 49th AICOG, Kochi, Kerala, Jan 2006.
- Awarded Rashtriya Gaurav Award for meritorious services, outstanding performance and remarkable role by India International Friendship Society, 27 Nov 2007.
- IMAAMS distinguished service Award 2007 (IMA Academy of Medical Specialities) at Annual National Conference of IMAAMS – AMSCON 2007, New Delhi, 9 Dec 2007.
- Awarded Dr B C Roy National Award for the year 2007 in recognition of services as “Eminent Medical Teacher” on 1.7.2008 by the President of India.
- Awarded Dr B C Roy National Award for the year 2007 in recognition of services as “Eminent Medical Teacher” on 1 July 2008 by the President of India.
- Awarded Bayer Schering Pharma APCOC Talents Encouragement Award forposter on Comparison of Diane-35 plus spironolactone Versus Diane-35 plus finasteride in treatment of hirsutism at Second Congress of the Asia-Pacific Council on Contraception (APCOC) at Macau, China, Dec 2008.
- Awarded FOGSI Dr. Nimish Shelat Research Prize for the year 2009 in Reproductive Endocrinology for the year 2009 for the best thesis on the subject of Reproductive Endocrinology on “Effect of oral contraceptive containing Ethinyl estradiol combined with Drosperinone vs. Desogestrel on clinical and biochemical parameters in patients of polycystic ovarian syndrome”, at 53rd AICOG, Guwahati, Jan 2010.
- Awarded Women of the Year award in Health by Delhi Gynaecologist Forum (East) & WOW India, Delhi, 20 Aug 2010.
- Awarded eMedinewS Medical Statesman of the year award 2011 by eMedinewS & IJCP, Delhi, Jan 2012.
- Awarded Appreciation Award for contribution as faculty for Speciality Course on Gestational Diabetes Mellitus conducted Pan India for Obgyns by Dipclinic & DIPSI(Diabetes in Pregnancy Study group), Bengaluru, Feb 2014.
- Awarded Life time Achievement Award by International Fertility Centre & GESI (Gynae Endocrine Society of India) Delhi, May 2014.
- Awarded DMA Chikitsa Ratan Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Medicine by Delhi Medical Association (DMA), June 2014.
- Awarded IMA Medachievers Awards 2014 for celebrating exemplary achievements in healthcare on the occation of Doctor’s day by Dr.Harshvardhan, Hon’ble Minister of Health, Govt. of India, July 2014.
- Awarded Medgate Best Gynaecologist of Delhi/NCR 2014Award at 4th Medgate Annual Award Function, Delhi, Aug 2014.
- Awarded “Padma Shri” for distinguished service in the field of Medicine by Government of India, 2015.
- Awarded Stree Udyamita Samman 2015 for her contribution in the field of Medicine by Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, March, 2015
- Awarded DMA (Delhi Medical Association) Distinguished Service Award for outstanding contribution in Medical Profession by DMA, Delhi, May, 2015.
- Awarded IMA Dr. Jagdishwari Mishra Oration Award in recognition of the services rendered for year 2014-2015, in IMA NATCON-2015, Delhi, December, 2015.
- Awarded GOAL Mentor Award for accomplishments and contributions towards the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at GOAL – 2016, Udaipur, August, 2016.
- Awarded Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s D.G.F. Ratna Award at Gynae Adcon, organized by Indian Medical Association (IMA) East, Delhi, September, 2016.
- Awarded Indira Gandhi Gold Medal Award 2016 at National Unity Conference for Education, Health & Economic development organized by Global Economic Progress & Research Association, Bangalore, November, 2016.
- Awarded Times Healthcare Achievers Award in legend category in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Times Healthcare Achievers Delhi NCR 2017, organized by Times of India (TOI), Delhi, August, 2017.
- Awarded for Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynaecology at IOG (Indian Obstetrics & Gynaecology) Dr Stya Paul Awards Function 2017, Organized by Apeejay Stya & Svran Group, Delhi, October, 2017.
- Awarded for CNBC-TV18’s India Healthcare & Wellness Awards under the category “Centre Of Excellence – Gynaecology” during my Headship at AIIMS Delhi, organized by ICICI Lombard, Mumbai, 21st June, 2018.
- Awarded Inspiring Gynecologists of India, at Economic Times Doctors Day Conclave organized by Economic Times of India, Delhi, 30th June, 2018.
Research and Publications
- Shankar H, Kumar N, Rao DN, Chandhiok N, Sandhir R, Kriplani A, Dhaliwal L, Sehgal R, Jindal VL, Maithi L, Kandpal S, Kumar A, Kurra S. Comparison of Haematological and biochemical changes between non-anaemic and anaemic primigravid women in a north Indian population to establish normative values. J Obstet Gynaecol.2015;35(3):221-4.• Herpes simplex 1 and periopathogen role in peri-implantitis.
- Singh N, Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kachhawa G. Management of narrow introitus with Fenton’s operation followed by successful pregnancy in a woman with repaired bladder exstrophy. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015;35(4):426.
- Agarwal N, Singh S, Kriplani A, Bhatla N, Singh N. Safety and efficacy of gabapentin in management of psychosomatic and sexual symptoms inpostmenopausal women: A pilot study. J Midlife Health. 2015;6(1):10-5.
- Garg G, Kachhawa G, Ramot R, Khadgawat R, Tandon N, Sreenivas V, Kriplani A, Gupta N. Effect of vitamin D supplementation on insulin kinetics and cardiovascular risk factors in polycystic ovarian syndrome: a pilot study. Endocr Connect. 2015;4(2):108-16.
- Kappikeri VK, Kriplani A. Bilateral synchronous carcinoma breast- a rare case presentation. Springerplus. 2015 22;4:193.
- Agarwal N, Gupta M, Kriplani A, Bhatla N, Singh N. Comparison of combined hormonal vaginal ring with ultralow-dose combined oralcontraceptive pills in the management of heavy menstrual bleeding: A pilot study. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015 24:1-5.
- Anjali G, Kaur S, Lakra R, Taneja J, Kalsey GS, Nagendra A, Shrivastav TG, Gouri Devi M, Malhotra N, Kriplani A, Singh R. FSH stimulates IRS-2 expression in human granulosa cellsthrough cAMP/SP1, an inoperative FSH action in PCOS patients.Cell Signal. 2015 24;27(12):2452-2466
- Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kachhawa G, Badiger S. Laparoscopic Hysteropexy for Uterovaginal Prolapse in young women and their reproductive outcome.
- Kriplani A, Mahey R, Krishna Deepti M, Kachhawa G, Sharma JB, Saxena R. Ferric Carboxymaltose compared to Iron Sucrose in Anaemia due to Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;133(1):43-8.
- Kachhawa G, Kriplani A, Malik N, Gupta M. Laparoscopic Myomectomy- do size and number of Myoma affect operability and clinical outcome.
- Sharma JB, Gupta M, Kulshrestha V, Jain S, Jain D, Singh A, Kriplani A. Leiomyosarcoma Masquerading as Leiomyoma: Case Report and Review of Literaure. JPOG (Journal of Paediatrics Obstetrics and Gynaecology), 2015;6(5):160-162.
- Mahey R, Goel T, Gupta M, Kachhawa G, Kriplani A. To evaluate the Pregnancy rate after Endometrial Scratching in couples with Unexplained Infertility in Ovulation Induction and IUI Cycles. Fertil & Steril. 2015;343-688.
- Malik N, Kriplani A, Agarwal N, Bhatla N, Kachhawa G, Yadav RK. Dehydroepiandrosterone as an adjunct to gonadotropins in infertile Indian women with premature ovarian aging: A pilot study. J Hum Reprod Sci. 2015;8(3):135-41.
- Singh N, Gupta M, Kriplani A, Vanamail P. Role of Embryo Glue as a transfer medium in the outcome of fresh non-donor in-vitro fertilization cycles. J Hum Reprod Sci. 2015;8(4):214-7.
- Sankaranarayanan R, Prabhu PR, Pawlita M, Gheit T, Bhatla N, Muwonge R, Nene BM, Esmy PO, Joshi S, Poli UR, Jivarajani P, Verma Y, Zomawia E, Siddiqi M, Shastri SS, Jayant K, Malvi SG, Lucas E, Michel A, Butt J, Vijayamma JM, Sankaran S, Kannan TP, Varghese R, Divate U, Thomas S, Joshi G, Willhauck-Fleckenstein M, Waterboer T, Müller M, Sehr P, Hingmire S, Kriplani A, Mishra G, Pimple S, Jadhav R, Sauvaget C, Tommasino M, Pillai MR; Indian HPV vaccine study group. Immunogenicity and HPV infection after one, two, and three doses of quadrivalent HPV vaccine in girls in India: a multicentre prospective cohort study. Lancet Oncol. 2016;17(1):67-77.
- Sehgal R, Kriplani A, Vanamail P, Maiti L, Kandpal S, Kumar N. Assessment and comparison of pregnancy outcome among anaemic and non anaemic primigravida mothers. 2016;60(3):188-94.
- Kriplani A, Srivastava A, Kulshrestha V, Kachhawa G, Agarwal N, Bhatla N, Hari S. Efficacy of ormeloxifene versus oral contraceptive in the management of abnormal uterine bleeding due to uterine leiomyoma. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2016 Dec;42(12):1744-52.
- Sharma JB, Kriplani A, Sharma E, Sharma S, Dharmendra S, Kumar S, Vanamail P, Sharma SK. Multi drug resistant female genital tuberculosis: A preliminary report. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;12;210:108-15.
- Sharma JB, Kriplani A, Dharmendra S, Chaubey J, Kumar S, Sharma SK. Role of Gene Xpert in diagnosis of female genital tuberculosis: a preliminary report. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;207:237-8.
- Agarwal N, Malik N, Goyal M, Kriplani A, Gamanagatti S. Complication of Femoral Arterial Thrombosis Following Failure of Balloon Tamponade and Massive Blood Loss During Hysterectomy in a Case of Abnormal Placentation. J Obstet Gynaecol India. 2016;66(2):629-31.
- Kachhawa G, Malik N, Kriplani A, Mahey R. Pregnancy with Malecot Catheter In Situ Following Cervical and Vaginal Reconstruction of a Cicatrized Vagina and Cervix: A Rare Case. J Obstet Gynaecol India. 2016;66(2):583-6.
- Kriplani A, Bahadur A, Kulshrestha V, Agarwal N, Singh S, Singh U.B. Role of anti-tubercular treatment for positive endometrial aspirate DNA-PCC reproductive outcome in infertile patients in Indian setting – A randomized trail. Tuberc. 2017;64(1):33-9.
- Kiserud T, Piaggio G, Carroli G, Widmer M, Carvalho J, Neerup Jensen L, Giordano D, Cecatti JG, Abdel Aleem H, Talegawkar SA, Benachi A, Diemert A, Tshefu Kitoto A, Thinkhamrop J, Lumbiganon P, Tabor A, Kriplani A, Gonzalez Perez R, Hecher K, Hanson MA, Gülmezoglu AM, Platt LD. The World Health Organization Fetal Growth Charts: A Multinational Longitudinal Study of Ultrasound Biometric Measurements and Estimated Fetal Weight. PLoS Med. 2017;24;14(1).
- Ranga R, Rai S, Kumari A, Mathur S, Kriplani A, Mahey R, Agarwal N, Kachhawa G, Vanamail P, Bhatla N. A Comparison of the Strength of Association of Reid Colposcopic Index and Swede Score With Cervical Histology. J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2017;21(1):55-8.
- Goyal M, Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kachhawa G, Yadav R, Singh G. Giant congenital melanocytic nevus presenting as a huge vulvar mass: A rare case. Taiwanese Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2017;56:109-11.
- Garg P, Badhwar S, Jaryal AK, Kachhawa G, Deepak KK, Kriplani A. The temporal trend of vascular function in women with gestational diabetes. Vasc Med. 2017;22(2):96-102.
- Goyal M, Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kachhawa G. Successful Outcome in a Rare Case of Large Adrenal Myelolipoma during Pregnancy Complicated by Uterine Inversion. J Preg Child Health. 2016;3:293.
- Goyal M, Kriplani A, Kachhawa G, Badiger S. Prediction of preterm labor by a rapid bedside test detecting phosphorylated insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 in cervical secretions. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2016;(134):165-68.
- Verma SS, Kulshrestha V, Sharma A, Kumari R, Sharma JB, Kachhawa G, Kriplani A. Emergency peripartum hysterectomy- a life saving procedure. Journal of Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2016;7(3):78-9.
- Kriplani A, Kulshrestha V, Agarwal N. Good clinical practice recommendations on abnormal uterine bleeding. J Obstet Gynecol India. 2017;67(2):S I-XI.
- Agarwal N, Kulshrestha V, Kriplani A, Bhatla N. Local ultrasound guided intraembryonic KCl instillation with systemic methotrexate versus methotrexate alone in management of live tubal ectopic pregnancy: a case series. Indian J Obstet Gynaecol. 2017;1(5):13-8.
- Agarwal N, Kulshrestha V, Kriplani A, Kachhawa G. Comparison of Hysterosalpingography with Laparoscopic-Hysteroscopic Findings in Predicting Genital Tract Tuberculosis in Infertile Patients. J Minimally Invasive Gynecol. 2016;23 (7): S102.
- Kachhawa G, Kriplani A. Management of Reproductive Tract Anomalies. The Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India. 2017:67(3):162-7.
- Goel T, Mahey R, Bhatla N, Kalaivani M, Pant S, Kriplani A. Pregnancy after endometrial scratching in infertile couples undergoing ovulation induction and intrauterine insemination cycles – a randomized controlled trial. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2017:34(8):1051-58.
- Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kachhawa G, Karthik S, Kriplani I. Laparoscopic peritoneal vaginoplasty in Mayer Rokitansky Kuster Hauser Syndrome – An Experience at Tertiary Care Centre. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2017;24:S 163.
- Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kachhawa G, Gupta M, Kriplani I. Successful Management of Live Caesarean Scar Ectopic Pregnancies with Ultrasound Guided Local Potassium Chloride and Systemic Methotrexate. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2017;24:S 180.
- Kriplani A, Goyal M, Kachhawa G, Mahey R, Kulshrestha V. Etiology and management of primary amenorrhoea: A study of 102 cases at tertiary centre. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;56(6):761-64.
- Karthik SDS, Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kachhawa G. Successful Reproductive Outcome After Laparoscopic Strassmann’s Metroplasty. J Hum Reprod Sci. 2017;10(3):231-34.
- Vogel JP, Oladapo OT, Pileggi-Castro C, Adejuyigbe EA, Althabe F, Ariff S, Ayede AI, Baqui AH, Costello A, Chikamata DM, Crowther C, Fawole B, Gibbons L, Jobe AH, Kapasa ML, Kinuthia J, Kriplani A, Kuti O, Neilson J, Patterson J, Piaggio G, Qureshi R, Qureshi Z, Sankar MJ, Stringer JSA, Temmerman M, Yunis K, Bahl R, Metin Gülmezoglu A. Antenatal corticosteroids for women at risk of imminent preterm birth in low-resource countries: the case for equipoise and the need for efficacy trials. BMJ Glob Health. 2017;2(3):30.
- Sharma JB, Kriplani A, Gupta M, Seenu V. Successful maternal and perinatal outcomes in a term pregnancy with giant abdominopelvic leiomyomatosis. BMJ Case Rep. 2017;24.
- Sehgal R, Kriplani A, Vanamail P, Kumar A, Maiti L, Kandpal S, Kumar N, Chandhiok N, L Jindal V, Mittal S. Impact of Pre-pregnancy body mass index, Anaemia and Gestational weight gain on Neonatal Outcomes. Indian Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2017;7(4):11-20.
- Kriplani A, Mahey R, Gupta M, Ray M.D., Bansal V.K. Complications of Laparoscopic Morcellation: Two Cases and a Review of the Literature. J of Gynecologic Surgery. 2017. (e-published)
- Gupta M, Kriplani A, Mahey R, Kriplani I. Successful management of caesarean scar live ectopic pregnancies with local KCL and systemic methotrexate. BMJ Case Rep. 2017. (e-published)
- Yadav V, Sharma JB, Mishra S, Kriplani A, Bhatla N, Kachhawa G, Kumari R, Karthik, Kriplani I. Maternal and fetal outcome in operated vs non-operated cases of congenital heart disease cases in pregnancy. Indian Heart J. 2018;70(1):82-86.
- Yadav V, Sharma JB, Kachhawa G, Kriplani A, Mishra S, Kriplani I. Successful pregnancy outcome in Eisenmenger’s syndrome during pregnancy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2018;223:146-147.
- Kumari R, Dalal V, Kachhawa G, Sahoo I, Khadgawat R, Mahey R, Kulshrestha V, Vanamail P, Sharma JB, Bhatla N, Kriplani A. Maternal and Perinatal Outcome in Gestational Diabetes Mellitus in a Tertiary Care Hospital in Delhi. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018;22(1):116-120.
- Garg P, Jaryal AK, Kachhawa G, Deepak KK, Kriplani A. Estimation of asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), placental growth factor (PLGF) and pentraxin 3 (PTX 3) in women with preeclampsia. Pregnancy Hypertens. 2018;10.S2210-7789(17)30492-0.
- Bhatla N, Nene BM, Joshi S, Esmy PO, Poli URR, Joshi G, Verma Y, Zomawia E, Pimple S, Prabhu PR, Basu P, Muwonge R, Hingmire S, Sauvaget C, Lucas E, Pawlita M, Gheit T, Jayant K, Malvi SG, Siddiqi M, Michel A, Butt J, Sankaran S, Kannan TPRA, Varghese R, Divate U, Willhauck-Fleckenstein M, Waterboer T, Müller M, Sehr P, Kriplani A, Mishra G, Jadhav R, Thorat R, Tommasino M, Pillai MR, Sankaranarayanan R; Indian HPV vaccine study group. Are two doses of human papillomavirus vaccine sufficient for girls aged 15-18 years? Results from a cohort study in India. Papillomavirus Res. 2018;5:163-171.
- Makwana T, Takkar B, Venkatesh P, Sharma JB, Gupta Y, Chawla R, Vohra R, Kriplani A, Tandon N. Prevalence, progression, and outcomes of diabetic retinopathy during pregnancy in Indian scenario. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66(4):541-546.
|Dr. (Prof.) Alka Kriplani|
Director & Head – Centre for Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Obstetrics & ART
|9:00 am to 5:00 pm||Mon to Sat|