Name: Dr. Rajendra P. Setty
Designation:Sr.Consultant Pediatric Gastroenterologist
Location: Paras Bliss, Panchkula
Profile: With 25 years of medical experience, and an advanced degree in pediatric gastroenterology from Montefiore Children’s Hospital in New York, Dr. Rajendra Setty moved to India after being director of the dept. of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Cooper Children’s Hospital in New Jersey, where he was voted top doc by his fellow peers for 2 consecutive years till his move. He has shown excellence as a teacher, clinician and administrator. He has won awards for best teacher from students and residents.He has extensive knowledge of how Hospital design leads to better patient outcomes during routine and emergency situations. This led to the planning and execution of building Children’s Hospital in Panchkula, Haryana. He believes in delivering standardized medical care to all.
Languages Spoken: English,Hindi,Spanish
- Senior Consultant Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Paras Bliss Hospital, Panchkula June, 2015- Present
- Director and Division Head Pediatric Gastroenterologist Children’s Hospital Panchkula July, 2009-31st May, 2015
- Locum Tenens, Worked as Consultant Pediatrician/ Pediatric Gastroenterologist at various private and hospital Pediatric practices Oct, 2008 to July, 2009
- Children’s Regional Hospital Center, Cooper University Hospital, Division Head of Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology And Nutrition
- Camden, NJ. Developed the pediatric GI division and expanded. The program which included, nutrition support, NP and two physicians. Sept, 2005 to Oct, 2008
- Sanz School Inc. Washington, D.C. Lecturer of Anatomy& Physiology, Oct, 1998 to June, 1999
- George Washington University Hospital, Washington, D.C. Phlebotomist, June, 1998 to Oct, 1998
- Dynacare Laboratories/ Ellis Hospital, Phlebotomist – May, 1997 to March, 1998
- Kasturba Medical College Hospital Internship (Transitional Year) March, 1994 to May, 1995.
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Chandigarh
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Education and Fellowships:
- Fellowship Training July, 2002 to June, 2005
- Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Bronx, NY
- Residency Training:July, 1999 to June, 2002,Department of Pediatrics Mt. Sinai Hospital Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Medical Education:August, 1989 to December, 1994,Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)Kasturba Medical College, India.
- Undergraduate Education:A.S. Science and Mathematics ,August, 1985 to May, 1987,Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, N.Y.
- B.S. Biology,August, 1987 to December, 1988,State University of New York at Albany, N.Y.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Awards and Honors:
- Top Doc designation by SJ magazine for kids June, 2008-June, 2010
- Best teaching fellow award- Dept. of Pediatrics Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Bronx, NY – June, 2003
- Best teaching award-Sanz School Inc. Washington, DC – Oct, 1998 – June, 1999
- Post of Entertainment Secretary in Medical School Government Responsible for organizing various entertainment activities and Pep rallies. – May, 1992 to May, 1993
- Post of President in the National Service Scheme Students run volunteer organization that took care of the health Needs and health education for local villagers in a two-mile radius of the medical school. Sept, 1989-Dec, 1990
Research and Publications:
- Permanent visual loss due to dietary vitamin A deficiency in an autistic adolescent Gary N. McAbee, Debra M. Prieto, Janet Kirby, Ann Marie Santilli and Rajendra Setty Journal of Child Neurology October 2009 Vol 24 no. 10 1288-1289
- Fecal Overflow Incontinence R Setty and B.K. Wershil. Pediatrics in Review 2006, 27; e54-e55
- Gastrointestinal manifestations in a child with Wrinkly skin syndrome Leonel Rodriguez, Rajendra Setty, Richard Rosencrantz and Alan Schanske. American Journal of Gastroenterology, 98 S191 (Sept. 2003)
- Separation of the estrogen-activated growth-regulatory forms of alpha feto protein in mouse amniotic fluid by G J Mizejewski, J.F. Keenan, and R. P. Setty. Biology of reproduction, vol 42, 887-898(1990)
- Reactivity of amniotic fluid alpha-feto protein with concanavalin-A in Down’s syndrome and trisomic pregnancies by G J Mizejewski, J.F. Keenan, and R. P. Setty. Transplacental disorders perinatal detection, treatment, and management (including pediatric aids).pg 262(abstracts) 1990.
|Dr. Rajendra Setty – Consultant
||11:30 am to 01:30pm, 05:00 pm to 08:00 pm
Sat- 12:30 pm to 05:30pm