Paras Cancer Centre at Paras Hospitals, Panchkula is the first hospital to provide comprehensive cancer care facilities in Panchkula. The centre is equipped with the latest technology and include PET CT, Gamma Camera, IGRT Linac, Brachytherapy, to provide multi-modality comprehensive treatment to the patient.
Paras Cancer Centre at Paras Hospitals, Panchkula is also supported by one of the best team of cancer specialists and cancer surgeons of national and international repute. The doctors of various cancer modalities – Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology and Nuclear Medicine, collaborate with other super specialties to ensure that the best clinical care is delivered to the patient.
As a patient, Paras Cancer Centre at Paras Hospitals, Panchkula ensures that your health care team includes a medical oncologist, a surgeon, a radiation oncologist, a nurse, a genetic counselor, a pathologist, a nutritionist, an interventional radiologist, and other professionals dedicated to you and your specific needs. This understanding offers each patient a personalized care plan, designed to achieve the most successful result.
Paras Cancer Centre at Paras Hospitals, Panchkula is equipped with the latest technology to provide super specialty medical expertise for Medical Oncology – Chemotherapy, Hormonal Therapy and Biological Therapy along with Immunotherapy. The centre also has well developed organ specific onco-surgery units for breast cancer surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, head and neck cancer surgery, brain tumor surgery, soft tissue and bone cancer surgery, thoracic cancer surgery, urological cancer surgery, gyne-cancer surgery, to list a few. The surgical oncology division is supported with the latest technology and implements minimally invasive technology in all surgeries providing patient benefit and early recovery.
Paras Cancer Centre at Paras Hospitals, Panchkula specializes in Radiation Therapy and Nuclear Medicine. The team provides medical expertise for high and low dose brachytherapy, Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), Intraoperative radiation therapy, Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic body radiation therapy or radiotherapy (SBRT) and stereotactic ablative radiation therapy or radiotherapy (SABR), Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT), along with PET CT.
- Paras Cancer Centre, at Paras Hospitals Panchkula is one of the premier centres in The Tricity for Cancer Care.
- Paras Cancer Centre, at Paras Hospitals Panchkula provides specialised and comprehensive care for cancer. The centre provides top expertise in surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology and nuclear medicine.
- Paras Cancer Centre, at Paras Hospitals Panchkula, has state of the art infrastructure – PET CT, Gamma Camera, IGRT Linac, Brachytherapy.
Our highly trained and motivated surgical oncologists skilfully perform complex tumor removals. Dedicated state-of-art modular operating theatres, recovery and ICU staff ably support them. Site or area specific specialists man the discipline of surgical oncology so that the best possible results can be delivered in this field of cancer therapy.
Organ Based Surgical Units
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Gastrointestinal & Hepatic Tumors (Liver, Pancreas, Intestinal etc.)
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
- Soft Tissue & Bone Tumors
- Thoracic Surgical oncology
- Urological surgical oncology (including prostate)
- Gynaecological oncology (including ovarian, uterine and cervical cancers)
- Micro-vascular Reconstruction of Flap
Advanced Plastic & Reconstructive surgery
This type of the surgery returns the body to normal or near-normal appearance following cancer treatment. The most common restorative surgery is reconstruction of head & neck defects after resection of head & neck cancer by free flap reconstruction. Other common reconstructive procedures are facial reconstruction and testicular implants.
Minimal Access Surgery
Laparoscopic (key-hole) surgery in staging & diagnosis: Advances in computer imaging and robotics have benefited both the surgeons and the patients in equal measures. Using small cameras, miniaturized instruments and imaging equipment, tumors are removed with the smallest possible incision. It helps the patient cosmetically and also reduces the recovery time and complications significantly.
The Department of Medical Oncology offers diagnosis and treatment for the entire gamut of solid tumors (breast, lung, colon, ovary etc.) and hematological malignancies (lymphomas, leukemia, multiple myelomas etc.) affecting both adults and children. The department aims at increasing the life expectancy and optimizing the quality of life of cancer patients by curative chemotherapy, supportive and palliative care.
- Hormonal Therapy
- Biological Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the most modern and advanced treatment for cancer and it acts by killing cancer cells with the help of X rays by damaging DNA of tumor cells. Almost two third of the patients suffering from cancer will require this treatment at some point by their life center. Different types of radiation therapy may be administered depending upon the type, size, and location of the
- Gamma knife radiosurgery
- High dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (both with HDR and linear accelerator)
- Intravascular brachytherapy
- Low dose rate brachytherapy for ocular melanoma
- Permanent prostate brachytherapy
- Small field conformal radiation therapy
Paras Cancer Centre specialises in providing the best medical expertise to diagnose, treat and manage cancer ailments. Some of the specialised treatments and procedures provided are:
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Gynae Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Nuclear Medicine & PET-CT
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Paras Cancer Centre also specialises in treating the following types of cancers:
- Oral Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- PET CT: This advanced nuclear imaging technique combines positron emission tomography (PET) and computed tomography (CT) into one machine. A PET/CT scan reveals information about both the structure and function of cells and tissues in the body during a single imaging session.
- LINAC: Linear accelerator (LINAC) machines use X-rays (photons) to treat cancerous and noncancerous abnormalities in the brain and other parts of the body.
- Gamma Camera: The specialised machines use 192 or 201 small beams of gamma rays to target and treat cancerous and noncancerous brain abnormalities. Gamma Knife machines are less common than LINAC machines and are used primarily for small to medium tumors and lesions in the brain associated with a variety of conditions.
- Brachytherapy: Brachytherapy is an advanced cancer treatment. Radioactive seeds or sources are placed in or near the tumor itself, giving a high radiation dose to the tumor while reducing the radiation exposure in the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery: Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) uses many precisely focused radiation beams to treat tumors and other problems in the brain, neck and other parts of the body.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT): Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) is an advanced type of radiation therapy used to treat cancer and noncancerous tumors. IMRT uses advanced technology to manipulate photon and proton beams of radiation to conform to the shape of a tumor. IMRT uses multiple small photon or proton beams of varying intensities to precisely irradiate a tumor. The radiation intensity of each beam is controlled, and the beam shape changes throughout each treatment.
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy: Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) is an intensive radiation treatment that’s administered during surgery. IORT allows direct radiation to the target area while sparing normal surrounding tissue. IORT is used to treat cancers that are difficult to remove during surgery and there is a concern that microscopic amounts of cancer may remain.
To know more about the cancer diseases, cancer experts, cancer specialists, cancer procedures, cancer estimate and cost of treatment, please share your request and reports at email@example.com